Apeks MTX-RC Long Hose Single Cylinder Regulator Set
The Apeks MTX-RC Single Cylinder Long Hose Regulator Set is designed for the diver that prefers a long hose configuration on a single cylinder. It is also the perfect set-up for the recreational diver looking to transition into twinset diving in the future.
Dispatched in 1 to 2 days
The Apeks MTX-RC Single Cylinder Long Hose Regulator Set is designed for the diver that prefers a long hose configuration* on a single cylinder. It is also the perfect set-up for the recreational diver looking to transition into twinset diving in the future, as the addition of another first stage creates a twinset regulator configuration.
Combining rugged, military grade engineering with the super-smooth breathing experience that Apeks regulators are renowned for, the MTX-RC single cylinder set dives your way.
Featuring the same freeze-resistant technology enjoyed by the whole MTX-R range, the MTX-RC resists freeflows in even the coldest temperatures, while offering the user the additional flexibility to dial it out for a comfortable breathe in less extreme environments.
All this is achieved using an innovative first stage design that protects the regulator from freezing and a full set of user controls on the second stage to adjust the breathing performance based on the diver’s individual needs.
Apeks MTX-RC Long Hose Regulator Set includes a tactical style messenger bag to keep your regulators safe on your travels. Perfectly sized for a laptop, it’s also your new work bag!
Apeks MTX-RC Long Hose Regulator Set includes
- 2 x MTX-RC Second Stages
- MTX-RC first stage (DIN)
- 2.1m regulator hose
- 60cm regulator hose
- TEK SPG with HP hose
- 2 x 75mm Bolt Snaps
- Second Stage Bungee Connector Kit
- Messager bag
MTX-RC First Stage is cold water rated
The Apeks MTX-RC first stage has a unique over-balanced diaphragm design. As the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase faster rate than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth.
- Satin plated brass body with heat exchanging ribs for maximum thermal performance.
- Break through, innovative over-moulded first-stage endcap and environmental diaphragm helps prevent ice build-up that can cause first stage free flow in extreme circumstances. Also protects the first stage from impact damage.
- Ribbed diaphragm clamp for improved heat exchange in cold water conditions.
- 5 x medium pressure ports, 4 mounted on a rotating turret for improved hose orientation
- 2 x angled high pressure ports for optimal hose routing and fitting of transmitters.
- Double swivel hose for greater freedom of movement and comfort.
- Easy to grip DIN hand-wheel or over-moulded yoke hand-wheel, only requires one hand to release.
- Tested for Octopus use - EN250A to 60 metres cold water.
- Nitrox/Oxygen compatible – Up to 40% O2 outside the EU (European Union).
Second stage with Breathing effort adjuster
Oversize breathing effort adjuster of MTX-RC second stage makes adjustment easy in cold water whilst wearing gloves. Protective bumpers protect the second stage from impacts and scratches in the most vulnerable places.
- Ergonomic and simple to use venturi lever.
- Large purge button.
- Reversible second stage for either a left or right hand gas supply configuration.
- A heat exchanger (patented) dissipates the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the warmth of the ambient water for a more comfortable breathe.
- Features an innovative Diver Changeable Exhaust system (DCE). The system gives the diver the ability to change from a small exhaust tee to a large exhaust tee. The regulator is supplied with both sets of exhaust tees.
- Comfo-bite mouthpiece
*There are a lot of references to the long hose configuration online (also known as DIR or Hogarthian configuration) and there are plenty of reviews on YouTube from various sources.
In short, the long hose leads to the primary 2nd stage from the 1st stage regulator, which is the one a diver breathes from during a dive.
It is also the regulator donated in a low or out-of-gas situation from the mouth, with the long hose allowing ample room between two divers to address any problems, ascend to the surface or swim out of a confined environment.
This ensures the donated regulator is a reliably working one.
There is no concept of an octopus in this configuration. Only the regulator on the long hose is donated.
The second 2nd stage is referred to as a backup regulator, carried under the neck (often in a bungee necklace) and easily accessible to the donor to switch to.
We aim to dispatch all in-stock items within 2 working days but will inform you of approximate delivery times should any item on your order be out of stock or on supplier backorder due to current manufacturing or transport delays caused by global shortages and/or impeded production.
Our 2023 shipping rates are as follows:
• UK mainland orders £45 and over: FREE - DPD Delivery
• UK mainland orders under £45: £4.90 Fixed Rate - DPD Delivery
• Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Highlands & Northern Ireland: £14.9 Fixed Rate
• European Union: £13.90 + 5% of order value (maximum £30)
• Rest of the World: £19.50 + 8% of order value (maximum £55)
• BFPO Post Codes: £20
For international orders containing weights, cylinders (excluding suit inflation bottles) and Suex scooters please contact us in advance before placing your order.
These products are not included in our global max-capped shipping rates and are only shipped outside of UK mainland after freight cost is calculated based on total weight, dimensions of parcel, location of delivery and the courier service used. We will let you know what this cost will be before processing any order.
All cylinders we ship within and outside of UK mainland are filled and tested on site before being emptied for dispatch. Cylinders shipped outside of the UK will be empty and will also have their valves removed, requiring reassembly after you receive delivery. Twinset manifolds and bands will also be removed and dispatched together with the cylinders for safe global shipping.
RETURNS & REFUNDS
Please contact us before any return with your order number and date details. Receive our Returns Authorisation Form and instructions and enclose them with your return to expedite a refund. Detailed information is available in our Returns & Refunds Policy.
Email us at email@example.com or call us on +44(0)1305 824 555
Note that all returned items are shipped at the customer's own risk and remain the customer's property until received by Underwater Explorers, so please ensure they are packaged well and use reliable postal services with tracking facilities. The
goods will be inspected on arrival.
Return postages are at your own cost and our outbound shipping costs (if items are sold with integrated basic shipping charges) may be deducted from any UK mainland refund unless linked to a fault/defect claim.
Please contact us with your order number and name before sending any returns to:
Underwater Explorers – Returns
Unit 1, Maritime Business Centre
Dorset, DT5 1FD