SeaLife Sea Dragon Fluoro Dual Beam Photo Light Set
Reveal rich fluorescent colours with SeaLife Sea Dragon Fluoro Dual Beam Photo Light Set. The powerful blue light beam and an integrated dichroic filter creates an optimal light wavelength to “excite” underwater life.
Dispatched in 5 to 7 days
Reveal rich fluorescent colours with SeaLife Sea Dragon Fluoro Dual Beam Photo Light Set.
The Sea Dragon Fluoro-Dual Beam emits a powerful blue light beam and adds an integrated dichroic filter, creating the optimal light wavelength to “excite” underwater life.
Two switchable beams transform the versatile light from a blue fluoro 65° flood light to a white 800-lumen 15° concentrated beam with a push of a button.
A rechargeable Lithium Ion 7.4V, 3400 mAh, 25Wh battery delivers power for 60 minutes at 100% fluoro emission. With its single-button operation, the light can quickly adjust between four brightness modes: 100% fluoro flood, 50% fluoro flood, 100% white spot, and 50% white spot. Depth rated down to 100m.
Get vibrant fluoro-colours with Sea Dragon Dual Beam
With their filter, the Sea Dragon Fluoro-Dual Beam’s Royal blue LEDs emit blue light in the range of 450-460nm; the wavelength to “excite” the fish, plants or organisms into making a light-filled energy response. The finely tuned and proprietary dichroic filter pinpoints the exact light wavelength to get the highest energy response from the underwater subjects.
Enhance your underwater fluoro-viewing
Two universal barrier filters are included to improve your experience in underwater fluorescent viewing and imaging. The mask filter fits over the dive mask to filter out the residual presence of blue light emitted by the light (it’s the response from the sea creature you want to see, not the blue light). The second filter attaches to any underwater camera with a lens diameter of up to 47mm.
Fluoro Dual Beam features
- Switchable dual beams feature six CREE XT-E Royal Blue LEDs with a proprietary dichroic filter (light wavelength 450-460nm) flood beam and one CREE XP-L LED white spot beam.
- 65° fluorescent wide angle beam and 15° white spot beam angle evenly illuminate the subject with no hot spots.
- One button control for easy operation – one button to power the light on/off and select brightness.
- Four brightness levels: 100% fluoro flood, 50% fluoro flood,100% white spot, and 50% white spot.
- Hidden emergency signal mode: 1-second blink interval and SOS Morse code.
- 60-minute run time at full power and constant brightness.
- Depth rated to 330 feet/100 meters.
- Easy to expand with Flex-Connect™ trays, grips and Flex Arms, handle, Y-S, ball joint, cold shoe and other accessories.
- Quick-release button to detach light and aim in crevices and hard-to-reach areas.
- Includes integrated dichroic filter and two universal barrier filters for your dive mask and camera for optimal fluoro viewing and photography.
- Corrosion-proof metal light head for heat dispersion and durability.
- Removable 25W Li-Ion battery w/ charger and international plug adapters included.
- Waterproof battery compartment – even if the O-ring seal fails, the battery compartment is isolated so water cannot reach the internal electronics.
- Universal mounting screw fits SeaLife and other brands of underwater cameras w/ standard ¼-20 tripod mount.
- Protective circuitry – The light and battery feature integrated protective circuits that cut power in the unlikely event the light overheats or short circuits.
- Safety pressure release valve – a one-way waterproof valve releases battery compartment pressure in the unlikely event of battery malfunction.
SeaLife Sea Dragon Fluoro vs. Harmful UV lights
For BEST results and SAFETY reasons, the Sea Dragon Fluoro-Dual Beam uses Cree Royal Blue LEDs combined with a proprietary dichroic filter. SeaLife NEVER has and never will use Ultraviolet (UV) LED’s.
Some companies are selling underwater UV lights, claiming the results are better than blue LED’s, and that there is no need for a yellow barrier filter over your mask and/or camera. The truth is that UV lights pose a serious safety hazard to the eyes of humans and sea creatures. UV light is invisible, so you don’t realise your eye is bombarded with UV rays. It is a proven fact that extended exposure to UV light has been linked to eye damage, including cataracts, macular degeneration, pingueculae, pterygia and photokeratitis, which can cause temporary vision loss.
The Sea Dragon Fluoro-Dual beam’s Blue LED’s, combined with an exclusive dichroic filter, emits a powerful blue light, creating the optimal wavelength to excite underwater organisms. To see the fluorescence effect best, two yellow barrier filters are included – one for your mask and another for your camera. The primary purpose of the yellow filters is to absorb the visible excess blue light, so you only see the fluorescence effect.
Underwater testing shows that more sea creatures fluoresce when exposed to the Sea Dragon Fluoro-Dual Beam compared to UV lights.
Body material: Anodized aluminum light head with fiber-reinforced polycarbonate body
Light source/Bulb type: Six 5W CREE XT-E Royal Blue LED’s and one CREE XP-L white LED
Brightness: 26 watt/m² fluoro flood and 800 lumen white spot (Constant brightness)
Brightness modes: 100% Fluoro Flood, 50% Fluoro Flood, 100% white spot and 50% white spot
Button Control: Long push to power light on/off; Short push cycles through brightness modes.
Light modes: Constant light or hidden emergency signal light (activated by long push of power button)
Color temperature: 5000 ~ 7000K for white spot. Color temp does not apply to blue LED’s
Wavelength: 450-460nm (Applies to emitted blue light)
Beam angle: 65° Fluoro flood and 15° white spot
Battery: Lithium Ion 7.4V, 3400 mAh, 25Wh (included)
Battery charge time: 170 minutes
Run time: Fluoro flood beam: 1 hour at full power and 2 hours at half power
White spot beam: 2 hours at full power and 4 hours at half power
Depth: Tested to 330 ft (100m)
Dimensions: 5.1” x 2.2” x 3.8 (13.0cm x 5.6cm x 9.7cm) Head only
Weight: 15.9 ounces (450 grams) Head only with battery
Bulb life: 35,000 hours
O-ring: Dual silicone o-rings (lube included)
The Fluoro-Dual beam light is a collaboration with Fire Dive Gear, a leading authority in underwater fluorescence diving. For more information about fluoro diving, specialty courses and custom-made filters, please visit www.firedivegear.com.
The beam angles for the Sea Dragon lights are shown as the true, tested “in-air” (above water) beam angle. Underwater, due to light refraction, the angle tightens to approximately 33% less.
Avoid using this Sea Dragon light above water for prolonged periods of time
The light is designed for underwater use and water is needed to displace heat. The metal light head at full power will reach temperature of about 140F (60C) degrees within a few minutes, which may cause burning if touched. A thermal sensor will automatically dim the light if internal temperatures reaches 150F (65C) degrees. Immediately turn off light if any parts of the light become hot to the touch.
We aim to dispatch all in-stock items within 2 working days but will inform you of approximate delivery times should any item on your order be out of stock or on supplier backorder due to current manufacturing or transport delays caused by global shortages and/or impeded production.
Our 2023 shipping rates are as follows:
• UK mainland orders £45 and over: FREE - DPD Delivery
• UK mainland orders under £45: £4.90 Fixed Rate - DPD Delivery
• Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Highlands & Northern Ireland: £14.9 Fixed Rate
• European Union: £13.90 + 5% of order value (maximum £30)
• Rest of the World: £19.50 + 8% of order value (maximum £55)
• BFPO Post Codes: £20
For international orders containing weights, cylinders (excluding suit inflation bottles) and Suex scooters please contact us in advance before placing your order.
These products are not included in our global max-capped shipping rates and are only shipped outside of UK mainland after freight cost is calculated based on total weight, dimensions of parcel, location of delivery and the courier service used. We will let you know what this cost will be before processing any order.
All cylinders we ship within and outside of UK mainland are filled and tested on site before being emptied for dispatch. Cylinders shipped outside of the UK will be empty and will also have their valves removed, requiring reassembly after you receive delivery. Twinset manifolds and bands will also be removed and dispatched together with the cylinders for safe global shipping.
RETURNS & REFUNDS
Please contact us before any return with your order number and date details. Receive our Returns Authorisation Form and instructions and enclose them with your return to expedite a refund. Detailed information is available in our Returns & Refunds Policy.
Email us at email@example.com or call us on +44(0)1305 824 555
Note that all returned items are shipped at the customer's own risk and remain the customer's property until received by Underwater Explorers, so please ensure they are packaged well and use reliable postal services with tracking facilities. The
goods will be inspected on arrival.
Return postages are at your own cost and our outbound shipping costs (if items are sold with integrated basic shipping charges) may be deducted from any UK mainland refund unless linked to a fault/defect claim.
Please contact us with your order number and name before sending any returns to:
Underwater Explorers – Returns
Unit 1, Maritime Business Centre
Dorset, DT5 1FD