DIR XDeep Apeks Starter Package - Zeos Wing + MTX-RC Long Hose Regulator
This all-inclusive DIR XDeep Apeks Starter Package includes a fully assembled XDeep Zeos Single Tank Wing System, and Apeks MTX-RC Long Hose Regulator. Great value, a future-proof high-quality package for beginner to advanced divers.
Dispatched in 1 to 2 days
This all-inclusive DIR XDEEP Apeks Starter Package includes a fully assembled XDeep Zeos Single Tank Wing System and Apeks MTX-RC Long Hose Regulator set.
It's a great value, future-proof, high-quality package for beginner to advanced divers that can be adapted to twinset diving by adding one more first stage and a doubles wing.
All of our DIR Starter Packages are designed for divers seeking the balanced trim of a rigid backplate and wing combination, paired with the outstanding performance of a long hose regulator set. This set based on the Xdeep Zeos wing is ideal for those looking for a reliable high-performance regulator and the balanced trim of a hard backplate, single-piece no-clip harness and wing.
DIR XDeep Apeks Starter Package includes
- XDeep Zeos 28lbs or 38lbs Wing with inflator hose
- XDeep Standard DIR Harnesses fitted to a Steel or Ali Backplate
- XDeep Single Tank Adapter
- XDeep 3D Mesh backplate and shoulder pads
- Apeks MTX-RC primary second stage
- Apeks MTX-RC backup second stage
- Apeks MTX-RC first stage (DIN)
- Apeks TEK SPG with HP hose
- Apeks Messenger bag
- 2 x 75mm Bolt Snaps
- Apeks Second Stage Bungee Connector Kit
- 2.1m primary Regulator Hose
- 49cm backup Regulator Hose
XDeep Zeos Wing System
Through technical design, constant testing and evolution, the XDeep Zeos Wing System is balanced to help achieve a flat and expert trim. The centre of gravity of the gas in the cylinder and the centre of buoyancy of the Zeos are perfectly matched.
As a result, your stability will be significantly better. You will enjoy improved gas consumption, enhanced buoyancy control, and easier finning.
The XDeep Zeos Wing System comes with either an aluminium or stainless steel backplate and in two lift capacities, 28lbs and 38lbs.
The standard DIR-style (one size fits all) continuous loop harness has no break points and is made to be adjusted to properly fit the diver using it.
As with most wing systems, the Zeos has an adjustable crotch strap incorporating front and back D-Rings. The system securely attaches to a cylinder via a single tank adapter with two cam bands (all included in the package).
As with all continuous loop harnesses, optional on-the-fly adjustments can be made possible by adding an inline clip to one side of the shoulder webbing without compromising with breakpoints.
Super tough Zeos Wing
At the start and end of each dive, the XDeep Zeos Wing System holds you high out of the water. The design ensures most of the wing stays underwater, using more buoyancy. This provides extra lift keeping your head and shoulders clear of the waves. Wait in comfort for your pick-up.
Underwater you can eliminate trade-offs and experience perfect trim made simple and easy by the exact geometry of the XDeep Zeos.
XDeep Zeos wing is made of a super-resistant outer shell made from Cordura® 1100 dTEX, so your scuba gear will resist more and last longer. An inner bladder is made of Nylon 440dTEX.
XDeep Zeos wings for single-cylinder diving are available in two sizes: Zeos 38 or Zeos 28. Too much lift can result in oversize and unwieldy wings, especially if you are not the world’s largest diver. Pick the wing that suits your adventures.
XDeep Zeos Backplate and Harness
Choose between beautifully engineered steel or aluminium backplates. The steel backplate eliminates the need for lead at the waist and is generally the first choice of drysuit divers. It enhances your balance and trim, especially in cold water conditions where extra weight is best distributed across your body.
The aluminium backplate works well with wetsuits or in warm water diving where the additional weight is unnecessary, or if you often travel and need a lightweight system.
Single Tank Adapter
The XDeep Zeos Wing System comes complete with a single tank adapter with two cam bands securing all components together.
Apeks MTX-RC Long Hose Regulator Set
The Apeks MTX-RC Single Cylinder Long Hose Regulator Set is designed for the diver that prefers a long hose configuration on a single cylinder. It is also the perfect set-up for the recreational diver looking to transition into twinset diving in the future, as the addition of another first stage creates a twinset regulator configuration.
Combining rugged, military grade engineering with the super-smooth breathing experience that Apeks regulators are renowned for, the MTX-RC single cylinder set dives your way.
Featuring the same freeze-resistant technology enjoyed by the whole MTX-R range, the MTX-RC resists freeflows in even the coldest temperatures, while offering the user the additional flexibility to dial it out for a comfortable breathe in less extreme environments.
All this is achieved using an innovative first stage design that protects the regulator from freezing and a full set of user controls on the second stage to adjust the breathing performance based on the diver’s individual needs.
Apeks MTX-RC Long Hose Regulator Set includes a tactical style messenger bag to keep your regulators safe on your travels. Perfectly sized for a laptop, it’s also your new work bag!
MTX-RC First Stage is cold water rated
The Apeks MTX-RC first stage has a unique over-balanced diaphragm design. As the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase faster rate than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth.
- Satin plated brass body with heat exchanging ribs for maximum thermal performance.
- Break through, innovative over-moulded first-stage endcap and environmental diaphragm helps prevent ice build-up that can cause first stage free flow in extreme circumstances. Also protects the first stage from impact damage.
- Ribbed diaphragm clamp for improved heat exchange in cold water conditions.
- 5 x medium pressure ports, 4 mounted on a rotating turret for improved hose orientation
- 2 x angled high pressure ports for optimal hose routing and fitting of transmitters.
- Double swivel hose for greater freedom of movement and comfort.
- Easy to grip DIN hand-wheel or over-moulded yoke hand-wheel, only requires one hand to release.
- Tested for Octopus use - EN250A to 60 metres cold water.
- Nitrox/Oxygen compatible – Up to 40% O2 outside the EU (European Union).
Second stage with Breathing effort adjuster
The oversize breathing effort adjuster of MTX-RC second stage makes adjustment easy in cold water whilst wearing gloves. Protective bumpers protect the second stage from impacts and scratches in the most vulnerable places.
- Ergonomic and simple to use venturi lever.
- Large purge button.
- Reversible second stage for either a left or right hand gas supply configuration.
- A heat exchanger (patented) dissipates the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the warmth of the ambient water for a more comfortable breathe.
- Features an innovative Diver Changeable Exhaust system (DCE). The system gives the diver the ability to change from a small exhaust tee to a large exhaust tee. The regulator is supplied with both sets of exhaust tees.
- Comfo-bite mouthpiece
- Flexible nylon braided hose, which has better cold water performance than traditional rubber hose.
We aim to dispatch all in-stock items within 2 working days but will inform you of approximate delivery times should any item on your order be out of stock or on supplier backorder due to current manufacturing or transport delays caused by global shortages and/or impeded production.
Our 2023 shipping rates are as follows:
• UK mainland orders £45 and over: FREE - DPD Delivery
• UK mainland orders under £45: £4.90 Fixed Rate - DPD Delivery
• Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Highlands & Northern Ireland: £14.9 Fixed Rate
• European Union: £13.90 + 5% of order value (maximum £30)
• Rest of the World: £19.50 + 8% of order value (maximum £55)
• BFPO Post Codes: £20
For international orders containing weights, cylinders (excluding suit inflation bottles) and Suex scooters please contact us in advance before placing your order.
These products are not included in our global max-capped shipping rates and are only shipped outside of UK mainland after freight cost is calculated based on total weight, dimensions of parcel, location of delivery and the courier service used. We will let you know what this cost will be before processing any order.
All cylinders we ship within and outside of UK mainland are filled and tested on site before being emptied for dispatch. Cylinders shipped outside of the UK will be empty and will also have their valves removed, requiring reassembly after you receive delivery. Twinset manifolds and bands will also be removed and dispatched together with the cylinders for safe global shipping.
RETURNS & REFUNDS
Please contact us before any return with your order number and date details. Receive our Returns Authorisation Form and instructions and enclose them with your return to expedite a refund. Detailed information is available in our Returns & Refunds Policy.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +44(0)1305 824 555
Note that all returned items are shipped at the customer's own risk and remain the customer's property until received by Underwater Explorers, so please ensure they are packaged well and use reliable postal services with tracking facilities. The
goods will be inspected on arrival.
Return postages are at your own cost and our outbound shipping costs (if items are sold with integrated basic shipping charges) may be deducted from any UK mainland refund unless linked to a fault/defect claim.
Please contact us with your order number and name before sending any returns to:
Underwater Explorers – Returns
Unit 1, Maritime Business Centre
Dorset, DT5 1FD