DIR OMS Apeks Starter Package- Smartstream Wing + MTX-RC Long Hose Regulator
This all-inclusive DIR OMS Apeks Starter Package includes a fully assembled OMS Smartstream Signature Single Tank Wing System and Apeks MTX-RC Long Hose Regulator set. Great value, a future-proof high-quality package for beginner to advanced divers.
Dispatched in 1 to 2 days
This all-inclusive DIR OMS Apeks Starter Package includes a fully assembled OMS SmartStream Signature Wing System, and the top-performing Apeks MTX-RC Long Hose Regulator set.
It's a great value, future-proof, high-quality package for beginner to advanced divers that can be adapted to twinset diving by adding one more first stage and a doubles wing.
All of our DIR Starter Packages are designed for divers seeking the balanced trim of a rigid backplate and wing combination, paired with the outstanding performance of a long hose regulator set.
With its on-the-fly fully adjustable continuous loop harness system, the OMS SmartStream Signature Wing, paired with the outstanding performance Apeks MTX-RC long hose regulator set, makes for an excellent future-proof DIR dive system. It's comfortable and easy to use, and the regulators are high-performance at any depth.
Our DIR OMS Apeks Starter Package includes:
- OMS Performance Mono 32lbs Wing with inflator hose
- Adjustable OMS SmartStream Harness fitted to aluminium or steel Backplate
- OMS Deluxe Back Pad
- Two Cambands with plastic buckles & 2 OMS Friction Pads
- 2 x MTX-RC primary second stages
- MTX-RC first stage (DIN)
- Apeks TEK SPG with HP hose
- Apeks Messenger bag
- 2 x 75mm Bolt Snaps
- Second Stage Bungee Connector Kit
- 2.1m primary regulator hose
- 49cm backup regulator hose
OMS Smartstream Signature Wing System
The OMS SmartStream Signature System features a quick-adjust harness developed to alleviate adjustment challenges which may arise while donning a heavy rig. By pulling the waist straps forward, the shoulder straps secure to the diver’s shoulders and back - allowing proper adjustments to be instantly achieved.
This uniquely adjustable OMS system allows the use of OMS weight pockets or a place to hold a canister light. The system is delivered fully assembled with Performace Mono 32lbs Wing in different colours, backplate, harness, storage pac, weight pockets and required hardware.
This modular system gives you the choice to use the harness in its adjustable configuration with or without weight pockets (pull the waist straps forward to don and push them off to doff) or simply as a standard DIR fixed harness.
Ali backplate will have light weight aluminium hardware, buckles, triglides and D-rings whereas stainless backplate will come with SS hardware. With this innovative design from Ocean Management Systems all you need is a cylinder and your regulators.
The system ships fully assembled on a single tank wing with the OMS Weight Pockets already installed. The Performance Mono Wing also has stabilizing bars built into the wing to reduce tank shifting during a dive.
One size fits all
The OMS SmartStream was developed to alleviate adjustment challenges which may arise while donning a heavy rig with webbing without compromising from the continuous loop. Whether when donning the wing/harness or underwater, divers can make necessary adjustments by pulling the waist straps forward, through specially designed loops, tightening the shoulder straps and securing the wing/tanks to the diver’s shoulders and back.
Proper adjustments can be instantly achieved by using this system while it is also possible to thread the webbing in the classic DIR way with pre-adjustments.
The uniquely adjustable OMS SmartStream system allows the use of OMS weight pockets or, if the pockets are not required, a loop to hold a canister light.
This modular system gives you the choice to use the harness in three configurations.
- On the fly adjustable easy on-and-off with OMS vertical weight pockets
- On the fly adjustable easy on-and-off without weight pockets / with canister holder loop & extra buckle
- Standard "DIR" configuration with pre-adjusted harness settings
Apeks MTX-RC Long Hose Regulator Set
The Apeks MTX-RC Single Cylinder Long Hose Regulator Set is designed for the diver that prefers a long hose configuration on a single cylinder. It is also the perfect set-up for the recreational diver looking to transition into twinset diving in the future, as the addition of another first stage creates a twinset regulator configuration.
Combining rugged, military grade engineering with the super-smooth breathing experience that Apeks regulators are renowned for, the MTX-RC single cylinder set dives your way.
Featuring the same freeze-resistant technology enjoyed by the whole MTX-R range, the MTX-RC resists freeflows in even the coldest temperatures, while offering the user the additional flexibility to dial it out for a comfortable breathe in less extreme environments.
All this is achieved using an innovative first stage design that protects the regulator from freezing and a full set of user controls on the second stage to adjust the breathing performance based on the diver’s individual needs.
Apeks MTX-RC Long Hose Regulator Set includes a tactical style messenger bag to keep your regulators safe on your travels. Perfectly sized for a laptop, it’s also your new work bag!
MTX-RC First Stage is cold water rated
The Apeks MTX-RC first stage has a unique over-balanced diaphragm design. As the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase faster rate than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth.
- Satin plated brass body with heat exchanging ribs for maximum thermal performance.
- Break through, innovative over-moulded first-stage endcap and environmental diaphragm helps prevent ice build-up that can cause first stage free flow in extreme circumstances. Also protects the first stage from impact damage.
- Ribbed diaphragm clamp for improved heat exchange in cold water conditions.
- 5 x medium pressure ports, 4 mounted on a rotating turret for improved hose orientation
- 2 x angled high pressure ports for optimal hose routing and fitting of transmitters.
- Double swivel hose for greater freedom of movement and comfort.
- Easy to grip DIN hand-wheel or over-moulded yoke hand-wheel, only requires one hand to release.
- Tested for Octopus use - EN250A to 60 metres cold water.
- Nitrox/Oxygen compatible – Up to 40% O2 outside the EU (European Union).
Second stage with Breathing effort adjuster
The oversize breathing effort adjuster of MTX-RC second stage makes adjustment easy in cold water whilst wearing gloves. Protective bumpers protect the second stage from impacts and scratches in the most vulnerable places.
- Ergonomic and simple to use venturi lever.
- Large purge button.
- Reversible second stage for either a left or right hand gas supply configuration.
- A heat exchanger (patented) dissipates the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the warmth of the ambient water for a more comfortable breathe.
- Features an innovative Diver Changeable Exhaust system (DCE). The system gives the diver the ability to change from a small exhaust tee to a large exhaust tee. The regulator is supplied with both sets of exhaust tees.
- Comfo-bite mouthpiece
- Flexible nylon braided hose, which has better cold water performance than traditional rubber hose.
Read our Review of the Apeks MTX-RC Regulator Set
We aim to dispatch all in-stock items within 2 working days but will inform you of approximate delivery times should any item on your order be out of stock or on supplier backorder due to current manufacturing or transport delays caused by global shortages and/or impeded production.
Our 2023 shipping rates are as follows:
• UK mainland orders £45 and over: FREE - DPD Delivery
• UK mainland orders under £45: £4.90 Fixed Rate - DPD Delivery
• Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Highlands & Northern Ireland: £14.9 Fixed Rate
• European Union: £13.90 + 5% of order value (maximum £30)
• Rest of the World: £19.50 + 8% of order value (maximum £55)
• BFPO Post Codes: £20
For international orders containing weights, cylinders (excluding suit inflation bottles) and Suex scooters please contact us in advance before placing your order.
These products are not included in our global max-capped shipping rates and are only shipped outside of UK mainland after freight cost is calculated based on total weight, dimensions of parcel, location of delivery and the courier service used. We will let you know what this cost will be before processing any order.
All cylinders we ship within and outside of UK mainland are filled and tested on site before being emptied for dispatch. Cylinders shipped outside of the UK will be empty and will also have their valves removed, requiring reassembly after you receive delivery. Twinset manifolds and bands will also be removed and dispatched together with the cylinders for safe global shipping.
RETURNS & REFUNDS
Please contact us before any return with your order number and date details. Receive our Returns Authorisation Form and instructions and enclose them with your return to expedite a refund. Detailed information is available in our Returns & Refunds Policy.
Email us at email@example.com or call us on +44(0)1305 824 555
Note that all returned items are shipped at the customer's own risk and remain the customer's property until received by Underwater Explorers, so please ensure they are packaged well and use reliable postal services with tracking facilities. The
goods will be inspected on arrival.
Return postages are at your own cost and our outbound shipping costs (if items are sold with integrated basic shipping charges) may be deducted from any UK mainland refund unless linked to a fault/defect claim.
Please contact us with your order number and name before sending any returns to:
Underwater Explorers – Returns
Unit 1, Maritime Business Centre
Dorset, DT5 1FD