DIR Starter: OMS Smartstream Wing + Apeks MTX-RC Long Hose Regulator Package
With its fully adjustable continuous loop harness, the OMS SmartStream Signature Wing is paired with the outstanding performance Apeks MTX-RC long hose regulator set making it for an excellent future-proof DIR dive system that's comfortable with high performance at any depth.
Steel or Ali Backplate
Dispatched in 1 to 2 days
All of our DIR starter packages are future-proof for twinset diving with the addition of a second 1st stage and a doubles wing
With its fully adjustable continuous loop harness system, the OMS SmartStream Signature Wing paired with the outstanding performance Apeks MTX-RC long hose regulator set makes for an excellent future-proof DIR dive system. It's comfortable, easy to use and the regulators are high performance at any depth. Add a second 1st stage in the future to the long hose regulator system with a doubles wing and you're ready for twinset diving. Great value, future-proof high quality package for beginner to advanced divers.
THIS PACKAGE INCLUDES:
OMS Smartstream Signature Wing System
- Backplate with cam-band slots and attachment holes (Ali or SS)
- Hardware (Ali or SS D-Rings, triglides, buckles to match chosen backplate)
- OMS SmartStream Harness and adjustment hardware
- OMS Performance 32lbs Mono Wing
- OMS Deluxe Back Pad
- OMS Cambands with plastic buckles & 2 OMS Friction Pads
- Adjustable Crotch Strap with front and scooter D-Rings
- Power inflator with 13-14" corrugated hose and LP inflator hose
Apeks MTX-RC Long Hose Regulator Set
- 2 x MTX-RC primary second stages
- 1 x MTX-RC first stage (DIN)
- 1 x 2.1m regulator hose
- 1 x 49cm regulator hose
- 1 x TEK SPG with HP hose and a TEK SPG
- 1 x Messager bag
OMS Smartstream Signature Wing System
The OMS SmartStream Signature System features a quick-adjust harness developed to alleviate adjustment challenges which may arise while donning a heavy rig. By pulling the waist straps forward, the shoulder straps secure to the diver’s shoulders and back - allowing proper adjustments to be instantly achieved. This uniquely adjustable OMS system allows the use of OMS weight pockets or a place to hold a canister light. The system is delivered fully assembled with Performace Mono 32lbs Wing in different colours, backplate, harness, storage pac, weight pockets and required hardware.
This modular system gives you the choice to use the harness in its adjustable configuration with or without weight pockets (pull the waist straps forward to don and push them off to doff) or simply as a standard DIR fixed harness. Ali backplate will have light weight aluminium hardware, buckles, triglides and D-rings whereas stainless backplate will come with SS hardware. With this innovative design from Ocean Management Systems all you need is a cylinder and your regulators.
The system ships fully assembled on a single tank wing with the OMS Weight Pockets already installed. The Performance Mono Wing also has stabilizing bars built into the wing to reduce tank shifting during a dive.
One size fits all
The OMS SmartStream was developed to alleviate adjustment challenges which may arise while donning a heavy rig with webbing without compromising from the continuous loop. Whether when donning the wing/harness or underwater, divers can make necessary adjustments by pulling the waist straps forward, through specially designed loops, tightening the shoulder straps and securing the wing/tanks to the diver’s shoulders and back. Proper adjustments can be instantly achieved by using this system while it is also possible to thread the webbing in the classic DIR way with pre-adjustments.
The uniquely adjustable OMS SmartStream system allows the use of OMS weight pockets or, if the pockets are not required, a loop to hold a canister light.
This modular system gives you the choice to use the harness in three configurations.
- On the fly adjustable easy on-and-off with OMS vertical weight pockets
- On the fly adjustable easy on-and-off without weight pockets / with canister holder loop & extra buckle
- Standard "DIR" configuration with pre-adjusted harness settings
DIR REGULATOR SET - Apeks MTX-RC Long Hose Regulator Set
The Apeks MTX-RC Single Cylinder Long Hose Regulator Set is designed for the diver that prefers a long hose configuration on a single cylinder. It is also the perfect set-up for the recreational diver looking to transition into twinset diving in the future, as the addition of another first stage creates a twinset regulator configuration.
Combining rugged, military grade engineering with the super-smooth breathing experience that Apeks regulators are renowned for, the MTX-RC single cylinder set dives your way.
Featuring the same freeze-resistant technology enjoyed by the whole MTX-R range, the MTX-RC resists freeflows in even the coldest temperatures, while offering the user the additional flexibility to dial it out for a comfortable breathe in less extreme environments.
All this is achieved using an innovative first stage design that protects the regulator from freezing and a full set of user controls on the second stage to adjust the breathing performance based on the diver’s individual needs.
Includes a tactical style messenger bag to keep your regulators safe on your travels. Perfectly sized for a laptop, it’s also your new work bag!
Apeks MTX-RC First Stage
Unique over-balanced diaphragm design – as the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a faster rate than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth.
- Satin plated brass body with heat exchanging ribs for maximum thermal performance.
- Break through, innovative over-moulded first-stage endcap and environmental diaphragm helps prevent ice build-up that can cause first stage free flow in extreme circumstances. Also protects the first stage from impact damage.
- Ribbed diaphragm clamp for improved heat exchange in cold water conditions.
- 5 x medium pressure ports, 4 mounted on a rotating turret for improved hose orientation
- 2 x angled high pressure ports for optimal hose routing and fitting of transmitters.
- Easy to grip DIN hand-wheel.
- Tested for Octopus use - EN250A to 60 metres cold water.
- Nitrox/Oxygen compatible – Up to 40% O2 outside the EU (European Union).
Apeks MTX-RC Second Stage
Oversize breathing effort adjuster makes adjustment easy in cold water whilst wearing gloves. Protective bumpers to protect the second stage from impacts and scratches in the most vulnerable places.
- Ergonomic and simple to use venturi lever.
- Large purge button.
- Reversible second stage for either a left or right hand gas supply configuration.
- A heat exchanger (patented) dissipates the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the warmth of the ambient water for a more comfortable breathe.
- Features an innovative Diver Changeable Exhaust system (DCE). The system gives the diver the ability to change from a small exhaust tee to a large exhaust tee. The regulator is supplied with both sets of exhaust tees.
- Comfo-bite mouthpiece
We aim to dispatch all in-stock items within 2 working days but will inform you of approximate delivery times should any item on your order be out of stock or on supplier backorder due to current manufacturing or transport delays caused by global shortages and/or impeded production.
Please refer to our Shipping Policy and Returns & Refunds Policy for detailed information on delivery terms and returns.
Our 2022 shipping rates are as follows:
• UK mainland orders £45 and over: FREE - DPD Delivery
• UK mainland orders under £45: £4.90 Fixed Rate - DPD Delivery
• Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Highlands & Northern Ireland: £14.9 Fixed Rate
• European Union: £13.90 + 5% of order value (maximum £30)
• Rest of the World: £19.50 + 8% of order value (maximum £55)
• BFPO Post Codes: £20
For international orders containing weights, cylinders (excluding suit inflation bottles) and Suex scooters please contact us in advance before placing your order.
These products are not included in our global max-capped shipping rates and are only shipped outside of UK mainland after freight cost is calculated based on total weight, dimensions of parcel, location of delivery and the courier service used. We will let you know what this cost will be before processing any order.
All cylinders we ship within and outside of UK mainland are filled and tested on site before being emptied for dispatch. Cylinders shipped outside of the UK will be empty and will also have their valves removed, requiring reassembly after you receive delivery. Twinset manifolds and bands will also be removed and dispatched together with the cylinders for safe global shipping.
RETURNS & REFUNDS
Please contact us before any return with your order number and date details. Receive our Returns Authorisation Form and instructions and enclose them with your return to expedite a refund. Detailed information is available in our Returns & Refunds Policy.
Email us at email@example.com or call us on +44(0)1305 824 555
Note that all returned items are shipped at the customer's own risk and remain the customer's property until received by Underwater Explorers, so please ensure they are packaged well and use reliable postal services with tracking facilities. The
goods will be inspected on arrival.
Return postages are at your own cost and our outbound shipping costs (if items are sold with integrated basic shipping charges) may be deducted from any UK mainland refund unless linked to a fault/defect claim.
Please contact us with your order number and name before sending any returns to:
Underwater Explorers – Returns
Unit 1, Maritime Business Centre
Dorset, DT5 1FD
Please refer to our Shipping Policy and Returns & Refunds Policy for detailed information.