DIR Starter: Apeks WTX Wing + Apeks MTX-RC Long Hose Regulator Package
The Apeks WTX-D single tank wings are now available as a complete system. All fully set up and ready to go with a Apeks MTX-RC Single Tank Long Hose Regulator Set.
Dispatched in 1 to 2 days
All of our DIR starter packages are future-proof for twinset diving with the addition of a second 1st stage and a doubles wing
The Apeks WTX Single Tank Wing System + Apeks MTX-RC long hose regulator set offers a future-proof DIR dive system for divers seeking the balanced trim of a hard backplate, single piece no-clip harness and wing combination paired with the outstanding performance of the Apeks MTX-RC long hose regulator set.
The system can easily be adapted to twinset diving with the addition of a second 1st stage and double wing.
Great value, future-proof high quality package for beginner to advanced divers.
THIS PACKAGE INCLUDES
Apeks WTX Wing System
- WTX Single Wing (30lbs or 40lbs lift)
- Apeks Griplock Cambands
- Apeks Deluxe One Piece Harness (fitted to the backplate)
- Steel or Ali Backplate
- Inflator hose
Apeks MTX-RC Long Hose Regulator Set
- 2 x MTX-RC primary second stages
- MTX-RC first stage (DIN)
- 2.1m regulator hose
- 49cm regulator hose
- TEK SPG with HP hose
- Messenger bag
APEKS WTX SINGLE TANK WING SYSTEM
The Apeks WTX-D Single Cylinder Wings are narrow in design allowing a cylinder to nest deep inside them.
Single cylinder wings, often referred to as donuts, are oval shaped air cells or bladders that are not permanently attached to a harness. While single cylinder wings have their origins in the realm of technical diving, they are becoming very popular in the recreational community. Not only are these single cylinder wings streamlined, but due to their shape being a continuous loop, they are very stable underwater. There is no dramatic shift of air from left to right.
Apeks single cylinder wings are a smart design that allows a cylinder to nest deep inside them. These wings mate up nicely to the rest of the Apeks WTX collection of high quality harnesses, plates and accessories. They can be configured in multiple ways to match the type of diving that you do. As with the rest of the WTX collection, these single cylinder wings are built from the finest quality materials.
- K style inflator positioned off-centre so as not to interfere with regulator 1st stage
- Low profile 16” oval-shaped corrugated hose
- Apeks Flex inflator hose
- Safety cable to prevent hyper-extension
- Low profile flat dump valve positioned in front, lower-left side
- 2 large drain grommets
- Centre mesh drain panel
Available in 6061 Aluminium or 316 Stainless Steel.
4 each upper and lower slots accommodate nylon cylinder bands so a single cylinder can be strapped directly to the plate. Having a series of 4 slots provides lateral stability of the cylinder that traditional 2 slot plates cannot.
3 holes at the top of the plate offer a range of height adjustments for the buoyancy cells and the cylinders. In addition, a corresponding lower center slot allows for lower band bolts that are misaligned.
Upper and lower perimeter holes along either side and holes along the bottom allow for the mounting of accessories. 2" wide crotch strap slot.
- Aluminium approx 753g
- Stainless steel approx 2.2 kg
Apeks Deluxe One-Piece Webbed Harness
This simple, yet strong, Apeks Deluxe One-Piece Webbed Harness can take the load of a fully rigged technical diver. It can be easily customized with the hardware of your choice.
- 12’ of 2 inch stiff webbing with center grommet
- 2” wide crotch strap
- 6 stainless 2” D-rings
- 2 neoprene shoulder protectors
- 2 elastic retaining loops on shoulders and one on crotch strap
- Heavy duty stainless waist buckle
- 6 stainless serrated retainers
DIR REGULATOR SET - Apeks MTX-RC Long Hose Regulator Set
The Apeks MTX-RC Single Cylinder Long Hose Regulator Set is designed for the diver that prefers a long hose configuration on a single cylinder. It is also the perfect set-up for the recreational diver looking to transition into twinset diving in the future, as the addition of another first stage creates a twinset regulator configuration.
Combining rugged, military grade engineering with the super-smooth breathing experience that Apeks regulators are renowned for, the MTX-RC single cylinder set dives your way.
Featuring the same freeze-resistant technology enjoyed by the whole MTX-R range, the MTX-RC resists freeflows in even the coldest temperatures, while offering the user the additional flexibility to dial it out for a comfortable breathe in less extreme environments.
All this is achieved using an innovative first stage design that protects the regulator from freezing and a full set of user controls on the second stage to adjust the breathing performance based on the diver’s individual needs.
Includes a tactical style messenger bag to keep your regulators safe on your travels. Perfectly sized for a laptop, it’s also your new work bag!
Apeks MTX-RC 1st Stages
Unique over-balanced diaphragm design – as the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a faster rate than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth.
- Satin plated brass body with heat exchanging ribs for maximum thermal performance.
- Break through, innovative over-moulded first-stage end cap and environmental diaphragm helps prevent ice build-up that can cause first stage free flow in extreme circumstances. Also protects the first stage from impact damage.
- Ribbed diaphragm clamp for improved heat exchange in cold water conditions.
- 5 x medium pressure ports, 4 mounted on a rotating turret for improved hose orientation
- 2 x angled high pressure ports for optimal hose routing and fitting of transmitters.
- Easy to grip DIN hand-wheel.
- Tested for Octopus use - EN250A to 60 metres cold water.
- Nitrox/Oxygen compatible – Up to 40% O2 outside the EU (European Union).
Apeks MTX-RC 2nd Stages
Oversize breathing effort adjuster makes adjustment easy in cold water whilst wearing gloves. Protective bumpers to protect the second stage from impacts and scratches in the most vulnerable places.
- Ergonomic and simple to use venturi lever.
- Large purge button.
- Reversible second stage for either a left or right hand gas supply configuration.
- A heat ex changer (patented) dissipates the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the warmth of the ambient water for a more comfortable breathe.
- Features an innovative Diver Changeable Exhaust system (DCE). The system gives the diver the ability to change from a small exhaust tee to a large exhaust tee. The regulator is supplied with both sets of exhaust tees.
- Comfo-bite mouthpiece
We aim to dispatch all in-stock items within 2 working days but will inform you of approximate delivery times should any item on your order be out of stock or on supplier backorder due to current manufacturing or transport delays caused by global shortages and/or impeded production.
Our 2022 shipping rates are as follows:
• UK mainland orders £45 and over: FREE - DPD Delivery
• UK mainland orders under £45: £4.90 Fixed Rate - DPD Delivery
• Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Highlands & Northern Ireland: £14.9 Fixed Rate
• European Union: £13.90 + 5% of order value (maximum £30)
• Rest of the World: £19.50 + 8% of order value (maximum £55)
• BFPO Post Codes: £20
For international orders containing weights, cylinders (excluding suit inflation bottles) and Suex scooters please contact us in advance before placing your order.
These products are not included in our global max-capped shipping rates and are only shipped outside of UK mainland after freight cost is calculated based on total weight, dimensions of parcel, location of delivery and the courier service used. We will let you know what this cost will be before processing any order.
All cylinders we ship within and outside of UK mainland are filled and tested on site before being emptied for dispatch. Cylinders shipped outside of the UK will be empty and will also have their valves removed, requiring reassembly after you receive delivery. Twinset manifolds and bands will also be removed and dispatched together with the cylinders for safe global shipping.
RETURNS & REFUNDS
Please contact us before any return with your order number and date details. Receive our Returns Authorisation Form and instructions and enclose them with your return to expedite a refund. Detailed information is available in our Returns & Refunds Policy.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +44(0)1305 824 555
Note that all returned items are shipped at the customer's own risk and remain the customer's property until received by Underwater Explorers, so please ensure they are packaged well and use reliable postal services with tracking facilities. The
goods will be inspected on arrival.
Return postages are at your own cost and our outbound shipping costs (if items are sold with integrated basic shipping charges) may be deducted from any UK mainland refund unless linked to a fault/defect claim.
Please contact us with your order number and name before sending any returns to:
Underwater Explorers – Returns
Unit 1, Maritime Business Centre
Dorset, DT5 1FD